Reusing scanned material and extending document lifetime
Drawing Tools and General Editing
- Cropping images and pages
- Select and edit areas on a page
- Inserting text
- Precise pixel accuracy and mouse movement, AccuPix™
- Building a figure library
- Reusing graphics as figures, Image Editing, Comments and Sticky Notes
- Specifying exact values and coordinates
- Grid and snapping
- Color conversion
- Comparing documents
Scanned documents usually have various kinds of "imperfections" when they first appear on your screen, like noise, black borders and so on. While PixEdit® can automatically clean up most of this, there will be cases where one needs to do some manual work to get an acceptable result.
Manual cleanup work in documents with many pages can be very time consuming. PixEdit® has some very powerful tools to help you being more effective.
With the Stack Image, you can look at many pages at the same time. Imagine each page is a transparent and they are laid on top of each other digitally. You will then quickly see general problems like black borders, odd sized pages, amount of noise, skew, etc. Many of these can be fixed in one go with PixEdit®'s multi-page features like noise filtering, removing black borders, automatic deskewing, margin cleanup, etc. Other things must be fixed page by page, but with Stack Image, it is very easy to see which pages need to be worked on.
- Quick document inspection: stacking page images
- Cleaning up and enhancing the quality of scanned documents
- Clean up margins of scanned pages
Scanners rarely deliver "perfect" documents. The original could be bad due to photocopying or fading, the scanner might not be top-notch, etc. With digital image enhancement tools, you can, to some extent, make up for this even after the document has been scanned and saved as a file. With PixEdit® Desktop, you can do all these useful enhancements on a whole document or collections of pages in one go!
- Adjust brightness and contrast to improve readability
- Adjust color balance to neutralize a color cast on the pages
- Clear or whiten the background on dull documents
- Sharpen images that are slightly out of focus
- Color balance
- Brightness and contrast
- Color replacement and background enhancement
- Histogram normalization
- Sharpen, blur and other image filters
This special cleanup tool in PixEdit® Desktop allows restoring of old documents that are in such bad shape, that any automatic scanning and enhancement process will fail to preserve all information. Using this tool, you can go over the document manually with a "digital sponge" and wash small or large parts of the document individually. Take a look at this video to see it in action: