- Server service for automatic processing of documents from scanners, e-mails and network folders
PDF Archive: What is PDF/A?
PDF/A is a format specialized for long-term preservation of electronic documents. It ensures all needed information is included to render the document exactly as the original in the future and on any system. PDF/A is now an ISO standard and recommended by public archives administrations and archiving companies worldwide.
Compared to standard PDF, PDF/A is much more restrictive. This is to ensure that the document is fully contained in the file.
Advantages and benefits of PDF/A
- All used fonts are included in the file: Text will always appear the same
- Platform independence: Documents are ensured to look the same on any device
- Full text search: Scanned documents can be made searchable through OCR
- Colors are clearly defined and preserved
- Metadata (information about the document) in a standard format is mandatory
How to convert and keep your archived documents in PDF/A
By using PixEdit software you ensure that all your electronic documents are compliant with the PDF/A standard.